Why the registration of a used car is needed?
People who fulfill their dream of buying a used car from bangalore are required to get it registered at the time of purchase. But if the same car is sold second hand by the owner, it becomes completely essential to get it registered again in the name of the second hand buyer, mainly because of the understated reasons –
- The second hand buyer would need the registration details concerning with his name in order to claim ownership at the time of insurance payouts.
- The first hand buyer will be arrested, in case of any accidents comprising the vehicle, if the registration of vehicle is not renewed again in the name of second hand buyer.
- If one wishes to further sell the car, one would need the details of the current owner.
Documents required for used car ownership transfer
One only needs the mentioned documents during transfer:
- Driving License
- Insurance papers
- Registration certificate
- Pollution under-control certificate
- Road tax certificate
Used car Registration Certificate transfer
The process of transfer of the used car RC to the name of second hand buyer is the most vital part. Steps one must follow for the completion of process are as follow-
- Submit the original RC to the RTO.
- Attested copies of address proof of both seller and buyer, where address is to be same as in RC , otherwise enclose an affidavit.
- In case the original buyer has taken a loan, then a NOC (No Objection Certificate) from the financing party along with the RTO Form no.305 will be required.
- Attested copies of insurance and PUC Certificate and attested copy of PAN card of buyer.
- 2 copies of RTO Form no. 29, 30 (sale transfer forms) are needed to be signed by both the seller and the buyer.
- If the new owner with wish to get a RC transfer in the same state but a different city, one needs to furnish a NOC from the RTO where the car is registered in addition to the above mentioned docs.