As you start preparing for a trip to Colorado in one of your favorite RV rentals, you may want to find out what to do while there. You know Colorado is gorgeous and ideal for the outdoorsmen who enjoy nature, but do you know where you should go or what other types of activities are worth your time while in the state?
Traveling around Colorado in any of the RV rentals of your choice is a great idea. While many people think of Denver as the must-visit destination in Colorado, there are a lot of other ideal locations for you to experience.
The following is a list of some of the best experiences that you can have when you visit the gorgeous state of Colorado:
- Go skiing or snowboarding in Aspen during the winter. There is a reason why Aspen is considered to be one of the best winter wonderlands in the country. But, Aspen isn’t only about the snow; it’s also about the abundance of great beers, fun events, and plenty of art for you to see and admire. If you want to live it up and have a good time in every sense of the word, apart from the amazing ski-slopes, Aspen is where it’s at.
- Hike Rocky Mountain National Park. As a nature enthusiast, perhaps you’ve always heard about the beauty of the Rocky Mountains. Have you ever considered hiking in the Rocky Mountain National Park? If not, this may be something that you want to consider. Rock Mountain National Park is a breathtaking destination is where you can find gorgeous alpine lakes, snowcapped mountain peaks, meadows, and plenty of animals to observe. Whether you enjoy hiking or climbing, or even just fishing, you can be sure that this is the place where you can enjoy it all.
- Enjoy Lower Downtown Denver on the weekend. Are you not so crazy about nature? While odd, there are some of us who don’t like the idea of mosquitoes or long hikes. The good news is that there are still options for you to enjoy while visiting Colorado. It’s not all just beautiful nature. We have cities too. Denver, of course, is a favorite and with good reason; there is always something happening. LoDo, as the locals call it, is a great spot for those who want to do some city-slicking in Colorado. You have your abundance of gourmet restaurants to choose from or cocktail bars to sip on at any of the welcoming local bars. It’s where “things happen” in Denver, so you may want to consider visiting.
- Take a dip in Strawberry Parks Hot Springs. If you want to dip in some refreshing water, but oh wait, it’s too cold outside, consider a visit to the Strawberry Parks Hot Springs. These natural spring-fed mineral water pools are as beautiful as the forest that surrounds them. Pro tip: You can even get a massage next to the pools. Talk about relaxing—this is the place for it. Head to Steam Springs for this experience.
- Explore the unique beauty of the Great Sand Dunes National Park and Preserve. While Colorado certainly boasts of forest beauty and lakes and mountains, it also boasts of a very unique destination: the Great Sand Dunes National Park and Preserve. It’s where sand sledding dreams are made of and is a terrifically unique place for picture-taking. With snow-capped mountains in the distance and wetlands in the forefront, if you want to visit unique landscapes while in Colorado, this is the place for you.
- Go whitewater rafting on the Arkansas River. Whether you’re new at it or you’re experienced in the world of white water rafting, you will have the opportunity to test your skill on the Arkansas River. From mild to wild, there is something for every level and you’re bound to love the experience. It’s one of the biggest attractions in Colorado and something that you want to try.
Colorado is gorgeous. There is no doubt about it. If you want to experience something unique, as well as beautiful, this is the place to be. From tall mountains to gorgeous lakes, fun experiences, and friendly cities, Colorado is home to the best things in life.
If you’ve been thinking of taking a road trip to Colorado, now you have some top activities to put on your list of things to enjoy. Colorado is rich in natural beauty, making it a winner for adventurers and those who love some time off the grid. Whether you’re traveling with family or on your own, there is something for everyone to enjoy.
As you look for RV rentals, make sure to pack for plenty of fun. Gear up with hiking boots and equipment, bring your swimsuits, or pack your favorite snow suit. Colorado is not going to disappoint you!